YMCA Ipoh | Our History
21765
page,page-id-21765,page-child,parent-pageid-18859,page-template,page-template-full_width,page-template-full_width-php,ajax_fade,page_not_loaded,,select-theme-ver-1.9,wpb-js-composer js-comp-ver-4.4.3,vc_responsive
 
our_history

OUR HISTORY

On 30th March 1915, in the mall of the Anglo-Chinese School Ipoh, a group of Christian minded gentlemen, which included Rev. W. E. Horley, Dr. K. T. Khong, Dr. J. S. Lee, Messrs. A. H. Claessain, J. Angwood and Aw Boon Soo, actuated by the desire to promote the highest welfare for the youth of Ipoh, formed the Young Men’s Christian Association of Ipoh with Rev. W. E. Horley as its first President.

The objective of YMCA Ipoh shall be the promotion of the highest spiritual, moral, mental and physical welfare of all young people and the fullest development of the body, mind and spirit, both by direct spiritual means and through social, intellectual and physical agencies.

YMCA IPOH BOARD OF DIRECTORS

2015 / 2016

Seated L-R

Mdm. Lai Ah Moi, Mr. Andrew Ong, Mr. Ding Poi Kooi, Mr. K. Nathan, Dato’ Daniel Tay, Mr. Thomas Kok, Mr. Michael Thong, Ms. Vicky Law

Standing L-R

Mr. S. Sebastian, Mr. Richard Wu, Mr. Daniel Teh, Mr. Mok Chee Hoong, Mr. Foo Yuk Weng, Dr. Ho Boon Chan, Mr. Soh Hong, Pastor Lee Meng Chak, Mr. Siu Tack Chuan, Mr. Daniel S. P. Lim, Mr. Peter Goon

aboutus001